Sunday, October 21, 2012

Meet my sister



Meet my sister Judy-
I am a K-2 teacher and mom to three who recently moved to Vermont with my youngest daughter after dreaming about it my entire life. My passion is knitting and crocheting, which I have been doing since I was 8. I have been in business for about 7 years now and have owned four different Etsy shops during that time. I now have two shops, Prop Shop, where I sell hand knit and crocheted newborn photography props and prop patterns and Cuddle Me Knits, where I sell hand knits for women as well as patterns, knitting needles and yarn.

The product I am most excited about right now is my knit boot cuffs which I sell in my Etsy shop. I have sold more boot cuffs than any other product I have ever offered online. Boot cuffs are 6" inch high, chunky knit, ribbed "tubes" that are worn on the calves near the top of your boots. They are great for keeping your legs warm, filling that annoying gap between your boot and your leg, and they make a cute fashion statement. I use only chunky lambswool blend yarn and they are available in 8 different colors.

As far as trying to balance family, my full-time teaching job and running two online businesses, I find it to be quite the challenge. I decided to hire the services of two knitters this year to help keep up with the demand. It helps a lot that I LOVE what I do but someday I hope to be able to concentrate solely on making a living from knitting.





No comments:

Post a Comment